Cycle Choice Terms of Service
Cycle Choice Gift Card Cardholder Agreement (T&Cs)
(Version Date 21 July 2017)
This Card is and issued and managed by EML Payments Europe Limited (‘we/us/our’) for Choice Card Limited,
Company Number 07289392 (‘Distributor’). We are a leading provider of gift card solutions. In these conditions
‘you’ are the Card purchaser or user.
1. By using the Card, you agree to be bound by these T&Cs. If you purchased the Card for someone else then
you must advise the ultimate cardholder that these T&Cs are available online at cyclechoice.co.uk The Card
remains our property. You should retain the original receipt or record of purchase of the Card and the Card
number as it may be required to provide you with customer services or to assist with respect to errors or if your
Card is lost or stolen.
2. The Card is a prepaid gift card that is activated once purchased. It can only be used for purchasing goods and
services in retailers participating in the Cycle Choice programme with which we have commercial agreements
requiring acceptance of the Card, these retailers are listed at cyclechoice.co.uk (‘Merchant’), this list of
Merchants is subject to change. The card cannot be used at ATMs or for online purchases or over the counter
at financial institutions and does not allow cash out. The Card is not a credit card and is not linked to a deposit
3. The minimum balance that may be loaded to your Card is £5 and the maximum balance is £250, unless the
Card has a fixed balance specified on the card face or packaging. In certain situations, we or Distributor may
need to view your identity documentation before issuing a Card(s) to you in order to comply with our obligations
to identify our customer. There are no fees associated with using the Card unless you are permitted to receive
a replacement Card and in such case the replacement Card fee will be advised at the time you request it.
4. The Card cannot be used to make purchases that exceed the available balance, in such case you need to pay
the difference by another method if the Merchant agrees.
5. This Card is not reloadable and is valid for twelve (12) months from the date of activation and cannot be used
after expiry. At expiry, the remaining available balance will be forfeited. We will not give you any notice before
6. The Card cannot be used to obtain or redeem cash and cannot be used for making direct debit, recurring, or
regular instalment payments or for purchasing foreign currency. Authorisations may be declined at some
Merchants. We are not liable in any way when an authorisation is declined for any particular transaction except
where the authorisation has been declined because of an act or omission on our part.
7. The Card is like cash and may not be replaced if misused, lost, stolen or damaged and no financial
compensation scheme exists with respect to the Card. You are responsible for all transactions on the Card,
except where there has been fraud or negligence by our staff or agents. If you notice any error relating to the
Card or you lose your card then you should notify Gift Card Support immediately on 0330 123 3469.
8. If you have a problem with a purchase made with the Card, or a dispute with a Merchant, you must deal
directly with the Merchant involved.
9. We may restrict or stop the use of the Card if suspicious activities are noticed or we do not receive funds
from you in the full amount of the activated balance of the Card.
10. Any refunds on Card transactions are subject to the policy of the specific merchant. If the Card expires or is
revoked before you have spent any funds resulting from a refund (whether or not the original transaction being
refunded was made using the Card) then you will have no access to those funds.
11. You are responsible for knowing your available balance. You can view your balance at
www.cyclechoice.co.uk (free of charge) or obtain the balance by calling the dedicated balance enquiry line on
0121 260 2849 or Gift Card Support on 0330 123 3469. We reserve the right to correct the available balance of
your Card if we believe a clerical or accounting error has occurred.
12. Information (which may include your personal information, if you have provided it to us or the Distributor)
may be disclosed to third parties about the Card, or transactions made with the Card, where required by law,
to operate the Card and process transactions, to prevent financial crime, to provide you with services you
request and if necessary to notify you of any service changes. Disclosure will also be made to countries outside
the European Economic Area (“EEA”). We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is
13. If you purchased the Card online or over the phone then you may cancel the purchase within 14 days of the
date you receive the Card by contacting Gift Card Support on 0330 123 3469. Any available balance will be
refunded to you.
14. We reserve the right to change these T&Cs at any time. Any changes to the T&Cs can be viewed at
15. The Distributor’s gift card program may be terminated. If your Card cannot be used after termination, you
will be entitled to surrender and redeem your Gift Card to the amount of the available balance at time of
16. We and the Distributor will have no liability for unauthorised access to, or use of your Card or for any delay
or inability to use the Card or if we have suspended the use of the Card in accordance with these T&Cs. We and
the Distributor make no warranty or representation, whether express or implied with respect to the Card,
purchases made with the Card including but not limited to any warranty regarding quality or fitness for a
particular purpose, or whether the Card will always be accessible or accepted. Nothing in this agreement limits
our or the Distributor’s liability where it cannot be limited or excluded at law.
17. We are incorporated in England and Wales with company number 05852181 with our registered office and
correspondence address at Latham House 6th Floor, 33/34 Paradise Street, Birmingham, B1 2AJ. The laws of
England will apply to these T&Cs and the English courts shall exclusive jurisdiction.